Thursday, April 19, 2012

My life now

A photo my professor took in Istanbul last year. 
My biggest dream is to travel the world. I am headed to Turkey in 33 days and my excitement is becoming uncontrollable. The reason I decided to become a journalism major is because my mom planted the idea of becoming a travel journalist in my brain. She knows how much I love people and learning about other cultures. I have told my mom many times that I want to move out of the states. When I told her this, I never thought it could really happen. It is becoming more of a possibility daily.

Big news: I am declaring a second major. That's right, I am double majoring. It is going to be stressful and I am going to hate it at times, but I know that it is worth it. My second major will be in Women's Studies, something that I have become overly passionate about the past 9 months. The struggles that women face daily are so interesting to me.

So lets talk about how my two majors go together. I want to write. I want to talk to women about their lives. I want to travel. Ideally, after school I will travel the world while talking to women about the struggles they face in their countries, and write about it all to educate and enlighten others. I want to instill this passion I hold in as many people as possible.

Even though I am headed to Turkey, that isn't enough. I have a list of places I want to go. Currently the top of the list is India. Following India are South Africa, Brazil, and the Netherlands. I just want to experience the world and write about it.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I just stumbled on your blog and it's totally adorable. Want to follow each other?:)
Shelby
shelbychasingbirdies.blogspot.com

Jessie Rae said...

Thanks! And of course :)