Wednesday, April 18, 2012

On my heart tonight.

I just read an article in my campus newspaper about chalk on sidewalks. On my campus, organizations like to write notes to people as they are walking. This is normally all fine. But lately there have been religious arguments taking place on the sidewalks.


Examples
"Atheism doesn't promote hate  or condemn people to hell."
"Charles Darwin is Lord."
The Christian Fish symbol with evolve written inside.
Poking fun of the "WWJD" acronym.
"This just in: There are more religions than Christianity."

All of these messages are, in my mind, intended to criminalize Christianity. While I respect all religions, I do not see this as acceptable. I should not feel that my religion is being mocked while I am walking to class. I am sure that other people on this campus have a problem with these lovely decorations. As a Christian I would never think to write messages similar to these aimed at Muslims or Jews, so why must atheists mock Christians? Atheists also claimed that "Atheism is the WAY" and "COEXIST" (of course with each letter as a religious symbol). I don't understand how they expect everyone to coexist if they believe that atheism is the only way and constantly attack Christianity. Doesn't seem like we can all coexist if they only want their way. What do you think?

No comments: